Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday, May 18th - 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Good Morning!

It is kind of a slow morning around here as my parents are leaving to return home.  It has been a very short visit, but we have had a great time together.  The kids have really enjoyed having Meemaw and Papaw (Poppy) around for a day or so.  Me too!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 ~ Q: What is this prize?  A: Godly living.  As we exercise control over our bodies, we do not block ourselves from winning the prize.

I have never really been a runner, but I do understand competition after playing and coaching basketball and soccer.  I like to win!  I have always enjoyed Paul's references to athletes and races and striving for the prize. 
In order to achieve the win, we must be self-controlled and disciplined.  Are you?  There is always room for improvement with me and I plan to concentrate on it a little more.  I want to get that "crown that will last forever."

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment