Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008





Hey GEMS!
I am sure many of you think I forgot about you and the blog, but I have been offline for about a week. I finally got the flu/cold/whatever that has been going around and had the privilege of my kids having it at the same time! I called into work last Wednesday morning and finally went back today (Tuesday - 3/11). Nathaniel went back to school and Derlani to daycare today too! It was a rough week and weekend, but God provided the strength I needed to care for my children and for me! He is so faithful and good! As I always say: God is good ALL the time - ALL the time God is Good!

I received the following note from a very dear sister in Christ and wanted to share it with each of you. Please read it and think about it's meaning to each of us!

Hello, my beautiful Christian sisters!!! This is for my single sisters. I thought the first quote below was so neat. May it encourage us all to keep God #1 in our hearts and lives. We would be nobody without him. Life would have no meaning. It would be a waste. May you know God like never before. I love you!


"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her."


When I say... 'I am a Christian' - I'm not shouting 'I'm clean livin'' I'm whispering 'I was lost, now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' - I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' - I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' - I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' - I'm not claiming to be perfect, My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' - I still feel the sting of pain.. I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' - I'm not holier than thou, I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!


Father God,
Thank you for Your presence in our lives. I pray and intercede for my fellow GEMS at this moment Father, and ask that You meet them where they are and provide their needs this day. May we be hidden in You that we know Your heart and Your grace! We love You!
In Your Son's Name I pray, Amen

I love you all and look forward to seeing you tomorrow night!

Blessings!
Cheri Lynn



No comments:

Post a Comment