Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Am Significant.....!!!!

Hey Ladies,
I don't have a lot of time and so I am going to post a few things and then catch y'all later! Here is the summary of all our scriptures Lisa has used and referred to in the last few weeks.

WHO I AM IN CHRIST

I am accepted...
John 1:12 I am God's child.
John 15:15 I am a friend of Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1 I have been justified.
1 Corinthians 6:17 I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit.
1 Cor. s 6:19-20 I have been bought with a price and I belong to God.
1 Corinthians 12:27 I am a member of Christ's body.
Ephesians 1:18-19 I am a saint.
Ephesians 1:3-8 I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child.
Hebrews 4:14-16 I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ.
Colossians 1:13-14 I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.
Colossians 2:9-10 I am complete in Christ.
Psalm 139: 13-14 I am wonderfully made.
Genesis 1:26-27 I am created by God.
2 Corinthians 3:18 I am being transformed.

I am secure...
Romans 8:1-2 I am free from condemnation.
Romans 8:28 I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances.
Romans 8:31-39 I am free from any condemnation brought against me and I cannot be

separated from the love of God.
2 Cor. 1:21-22 I have been established, anointed and sealed by God.
Colossians 3:1-4 I am hidden with Christ in God.
Philippians 1:6 I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me.
Philippians 3:20 I am a citizen of heaven.
2 Timothy 1:7 I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and discipline.
Hebrews 4:16 I can find grace and mercy in time of need
1 John 5:18 I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me.
Proverbs 29:25 I find my security in the Lord – not any man.
Romans 5:3-5 I am secure enough in my trust in God that I can persevere through
difficult times.
Romans 6:8-14 I am secure because I am dead to sin through the blood of Jesus.

I am significant...
Matthew 5:13-16 I am the salt and light of the earth
John 15:5 I am a branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life.
John 15:16 I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
Acts 1:8 I am a personal witness of Christ’s
2 Cor. 5:17-21 I am a minister of reconciliation for God.
2 Corinthians 6:1 I am God’s coworker.
Colossians 3:23 I find my work significant because I am working for the Lord.
Ephesians 2:6 I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm.
Ephesians 3:12 I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
1 Cor. 3:16-17 I am God’s temple.
Ephesians 2:10 I am God's workmanship.
Isaiah 41:9-10 I am strengthened and upheld because I am a child of God.
Jeremiah 29:11 I have hope because God has a plan for me.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Here is some more information that Lisa wanted to share:


Several GEMS are wondering more about our authority to command demons -- and we need to have Scriptural support for this empowering spiritual endeavor.

Bible verses that speak to this: Luke 11:24-26, Mark 12:43-45, Mark 9:24

Below are some Biblical commentaries that expound on this more.

When commanding evil to go - we must verbally command it to leave, bind it by commanding it to never return and send it to arid places where it will be tormented -- all through the power and authority of Jesus Christ.


Luke 11:24 That there was a vast difference between the devil’s going out by compact and his being cast out by compulsion. Those out of whom Christ cast him he never entered into again, for so was Christ’s charge (Mk. 9:25); whereas, if he had gone out, whenever he saw fit he would have made a re-entry, for that is the way of the unclean spirit, when he voluntarily and with design goes out of a man, v. 24–26. The prince of the devils may give leave, nay, may give order, to his forces to retreat, or make a feint, to draw the poor deluded soul into an ambush; but Christ, as he gives a total, so he gives a final, defeat to the enemy. In this part of the argument he has a further intention, which is to represent the stat e of those who have had fair offers made them,—among whom, and in whom, God has begun to break the devil’s power and overthrow his kingdom,—but they reject his counsel against themselves, and relapse into a state of subjection to Satan.
Here we have, Henry, Matthew: Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible : Complete and Unabridged in One Volume. Peabody : Hendrickson, 1996, c1991, S. Lk 11:24

Mark 9:24
“Help me overcome my unbelief” (9:24). Faith has two aspects: objective and subjective. Objectively our faith is in Jesus, and He is unshakable. Subjectively our faith is often mixed with hesitancy and doubt. The way to overcome uncertainty is to remember that what makes faith valid is not its subjective strength, but the trustworthiness of its object. We can confidently affirm this truth: “I can’t, but Jesus can.”
“Only by prayer” (9:29). We can never take for granted any authority God has given us (cf. 6:67). Any ministry must be performed in total reliance on the Lord.
Richards, Lawrence O.: The Bible Readers Companion. electronic ed. Wheaton : Victor Books, 1991; Published in electronic form by Logos Research Systems, 1996, S. 641

Mark 9:24 The main lesson of this miracle is the power of faith to overcome the enemy (Mark 9:19, 23–24; and see Matt. 17:20). Why had the nine disciples failed? Because they had been careless in their personal spiritual walk and had neglected prayer and fasting (Mark 9:29). The authority that Jesus had given them was effective only if exercised by faith, but faith must be cultivated through spiritual discipline and devotion. It may be that the absence of their Lord, or His taking the three disciples with Him and leaving them behind, had dampened their spiritual fervor and diminished their faith. Not only did their failure embarrass them, but it also robbed the Lord of glory and gave the enemy opportunity to criticize. It is our faith in Him that glorifies God (Rom. 4:20).
Wiersbe, Warren W.: The Bible Exposition Commentary. Wheaton, Ill. : Victor Books, 1996, c1989, S. Mk 9:14


I will post the Bible Reading later this evening! Enjoy ladies!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment