Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thoughts.......

Good Morning Sweet GEMS!

Happy Lord's Day! 10/10/10 - What memories will you make today?

I plan to go to church and worship with friends and family! I have my bags ready for the Food Drive and will share with others! It promises to be a beautiful day and my kids, a friend and I are going to take a ride this afternoon to celebrate God's gorgeous creation in the changing of the colors, the warm breeze, the fields that have been harvested, and hopefully some of His wildlife. Can't wait! I love being a Mom and spending time with my kids.

I just read a quote this morning that I wanted to share:
"God did not give you your children so you could fix them or whip them into shape. God gave you your children to make you more like Jesus!" ~Donna Partrow

What an awesome responsibility! God has blessed me with two beautiful children and I love them so very much. I want to become more like Jesus everyday, as I know I am a child of God! HE is always there/here for me and I can lean on Him and know that all things work together for good for those that love the Lord! I can find grace and mercy in time of need! I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. As I care and raise my children, I do and will remember these things! We are so blessed! May our children, our little gems see Jesus in us each and every day! I am not saying that it is easy, but I am confident that the good work God has begun in me will be perfected! I am a work in progress!!!! Praise God - HE isn't finished with me yet!

I love y'all and will be praying for you today and every day!
"As for me and my house - we will serve the Lord!"
Cheri Lynn

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you wove all that God is teaching us ... about our security in Christ...into your post :)

    Amazing love...and I am continually amazed at HOW much God has for us...if we will just take it.

    The blog looks really awesome. I love the changes! Great job...thank you for being so faithful with your part of the ministry.

    Love you!!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete