Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday, April 29th - Luke 8:1-15

Good Evening!

Today we read the Parable of the Sower!  What a great story.  Did you notice in the first 3 verses that there were women helping to support Jesus and the twelve?  Mary Magdalene - Joanna - Suzanna and many others!  I look forward to the day when I can sit in His presence and praise Him!

Jesus told the parable of the different kinds of soil:
1.   the first was a path where the seed could not enter the ground and was trampled and eaten by birds;  2.   the second was on rocky soil where the seed grew, but withered quickly because it had no root system to get moisture;  3.   the third soil was full of thorns and they grew along with the seed and choked it out;  4.  and the fourth was good soil and it grew and yielded a crop that was a 100 times what had been sown.
The seed that was sown is the Word of God!  The first ones hear, but then the devil (enemy) comes and takes it away and they do not believe.  The second ones hear and receive it with joy and believe, but in a time of testing they fall away because they have no roots, foundation.  The third is those that hear, but as they go along they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures and do not mature.  The last one, the good soil stands for those that believe and hear the Word, retain it and share it!  They persevere and produce a crop! 

Wow!  As I read this passage again, I can almost see myself in a couple of the soils - maybe the thorns, some rocky ground, but finally in the good soil!  I want to share my love for Jesus Christ with everyone I meet.  I don't want to miss any opportunity that is presented to me!

My memory verse from this passage is verse 8b:  ..."He who has ears to hear, let him hear."  Pause and pray!!  Listen to that still small voice!  We have so much more at our fingertips today with our Bibles in written form - Bibles on CD - television shows where we hear the Word - Christian radio - iPods - computers, etc.  Lord, may I listen and may I hear!

Love and prayers!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment