Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday, April 28th - Colossians 1:9-12 (James 5:7-8)

Hey GEMS! 

I thought I would try something a little different this week.  Instead of posting the Bible Reading for the two weeks, I am going to post them each day with my "reflections" and what I got from the passage.  Feel free to comment and add your take as well!  Let's study!

Colossians 1:9-12
vs. 9  Paul and Timothy prayed for the Colossians to be filled with the knowledge of His will through spiritual wisdom and understanding.
Do you know that you are prayed for daily?  Not only do your Small Group Leaders pray for you, but the Guides and Leaders pray for all of us!  The Prayer Team lifts us before the Throne of the Most High!  May we be filled with the knowledge of His will!
vs. 10  Live a life worthy...please Him...bear fruit...growing in knowledge of God...
Wow!  This verse is packed full!  I want nothing more than to live a life worthy of my Lord and to please Him is every way.  Sharing Him with everyone I can and taking advantage of every opportunity is what I long to do!  I am so glad that God is not finished with me and that I can continually grow in my knowledge of Him and His Son - my Savior!
vs. 11 and 12  strengthened with power...to have great endurance and patience....joyfully thanking God for the opportunity to share in the inheritance of the saints...
We gain our strength from Him so that we can endure and be patient; so that we can joyfully say thank you for our inheritance - eternity in Heaven with Him!

My memory verse from these two passages:  James 5:8  "...be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near."

Father God I pray for my fellow GEMS tonight and ask that you bless them beyond measure.  I pray that each of us will be patient and enjoy resting and waiting in You!  May we look to Your return with anticipation, but continue to share Your love and Message with all that we meet.  I pray that I take advantage of every opportunity to share my faith!  I love You!  In Your Son's name - Amen! 

Love y'all!
Cheri Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Love "hearing" your meditations. It's so powerful to hear a woman of God sharing the glory of His Word.

    I found myself being "corrected" by the message today for something that came out of my mouth. Right after I said it, I said, "Wow -- I CAN'T say that...I just preached on that!" Praise GOD He's never done with any of us.

    ReplyDelete