Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday, February 4th - 1 Thessalonians 5:12-28

Good evening!

I just got home not to long ago from basketball practice.  My team practices from 7pm to 8pm and then my son's team practices from 8pm to 9pm.  My girls played hard tonight and we had a good practice.  My son's practice was cut a little short as the boys were not giving their best and the coach had to have a talk about respect.  Respect for the team, for the coach, for the referees, and others.  I am not sure if the boys heard it or not, but it all made me ponder some things - Do I respect my co-workers, my boss, but most of all - do I respect my Heavenly Father and my Lord and Savior?

Look at the scripture reading for today - RESPECT!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: 1 Thessalonians 5:12-28 ~ What if everyone lived out everything on this list everyday?  We'd never be worrying about hurt, pain or revenge.  #ReaditLiveit

Let me just list a few of the actions we are to take or live:  Respect co-workers, bosses and others; Live in peace; warn the idle and encourage the timid; help the weak; be patient; don't seek revenge, but be kind; be joyful; pray; give thanks; hold onto good; avoid evil; and pray for our spiritual leaders.

Quite a list, but all doable!  With the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives helping us every step of the way, we can do this! 
As Lisa said:  #ReaditLiveit

Good night!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment