Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday, May 19th - Philippians 4:10-13

Good Evening!

I apologize for being late with the blog today, but it has been a very full day.  It has also been a very emotional day on many different levels.  I absolutely loved the services at Eastview today and Mike's message and the invitation at the end.  I was in tears most of that time, but not tears of sadness, but of humbleness and pride in what a great family I belong to and how we want to and do help each other through prayer and action!  It is AWESOME!!!!!

How was your day?  It was an absolutely beautiful day even with the temps in the high 80's.  As I received tweets about the tornadoes in Oklahoma, my heart went out to those affected and I have been praying for them.  Our family reaches across state lines and across international borders.  Remember each one as God brings them to mind.

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Philippians 4:10-13 ~ Do you have in your mind that you can't be content in your present circumstances?  It's possible.  #throughHisStrength

I absolutely love this passage of scripture.  I had always been drawn to verse 13 until a while back and then read verses 10 through 12.  Wow!  Were my eyes opened and I began to think about what it said and how Paul was really content in any and all situations.  If He could do it with the Lord's strength, then so can I!! 
I have seen this in the last month or so and I KNOW that He is with me and that I can lean on His strength.  I have been blessed beyond my wildest imagination and continue to see HIS Hand in everything.  I have come to realize that His Plans are much bigger than mine and that He orchestrates every little detail until it comes to fruition.  He doesn't usually stop there either, but continues to guide and lead and bless!  Wow!  "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

I would challenge you to memorize all four of these verses and not just verse 13.  You probably already know that one.  (smile)  Give it a try - be content in every situation, not necessarily happy, but content and see what a difference it will make in your attitude and your daily encounters with others.  Try it for a day and then two and then a week. 

Have a great week!  Be content!  (smile)
Love and prayers!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment