Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wednesday, December 12th - Philippians 3:12-21

Good Morning!

It's a bit chilly outside, but no wind!  I am hoping everyone feels good today and can go to school.  It's tough not feeling well.  Hey a little trivia for y'all this morning:  the date today is 12/12/12 and it will be the last one until 01/01/01 or January 1, 2101.

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Philippians 3:12-21 ~ When you mess up, confess, repent ~ Press on...don't give in...don't give up.  Forget your past - look toward a hopeful Godly future.

How many of you are athletes?  It doesn't matter which sport, but knowing that you can relate to giving everything you have to attain or win the prize.  That is the Christian life - we give everything that we are to God and walk daily in His way to attain the prize - ETERNAL LIFE with HIM!  Read verse 14:  "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

When I played basketball I always gave 110% because I loved the game.  Sure there were times when it hurt and I was discouraged and I would fall, but I always got back up, changed my attitude and pressed on to my goal - knowing I had done my very best and that I gave 110%.  It is the same with the Christian life, in that we give it our all - we fall, but we confess and repent and get back up and press on.  God has provided His Spirit to walk with us every step of the way and to help us in those tough times so that we can press on toward the goal and attain the prize in heaven!

Look at verses 20 and 21:  "But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body."  How awesome is that?  We will have new bodies that are like that of Jesus - perfect!

Remember, our citizenship is in heaven and we will press on toward the goal until Jesus returns and takes us HOME to the prize!

Have a great day!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment