Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thursday, December 20th - 1 Peter 2:9-12

Good evening!

What an awesome night I have had!  I have to admit there were some little bumps along the way, but I have been blessed beyond what I deserve.  Glory up!!  As I went to pick my son up from school it started actually snowing.  It was very windy and it got bad pretty fast.  I had made plans with another GEMS to decorate my house tonight and so called and told her I would pick her up and we would still continue as planned.  What a blessing and to see how God had prepared this time for me and the kids and my friend.
It was a great evening filled with laughter, Christmas music, lots of stories of Christmas' past, getting to know each other a little better, and topping it all off with pizza!  My house looks great and I am ready to host my family for the holidays!  The kids and I took our friend home and marveled in God's beautiful art work with the snow on the trees and bushes and houses.  Beautiful!  It was still windy and cold, but we were all warm and snuggled up with God's love and enjoying each other and the first snow and holiday season in our new home.  Thank you dear friend for the blessings this evening! 

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: 1 Peter 2:9-12 ~ As God's chosen people, we live in the light of His mercy.  Live in such a way that other people want what you've got:  GOD

Do you see in verse nine who we are?  A chosen people (God chose us), a royal priesthood (royalty), a holy nation (holy), and a people belonging to God (belong).  Wow!  It doesn't get any better than that!  We were called out of darkness (our sinful life before Jesus) into His wonderful light (a new creation in Christ)!
We are the people of God!  We have received mercy!  God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Did you realize that in verse 11 we are called aliens and strangers?  Do you know why?  Because we are!  Our citizenship is out of this world and in the Kingdom of God!  We are HIS people!  We are called by HIS name!  We were chosen to represent the Kingdom of God here on earth.  What a high calling!  Are you ready?  Are you letting your light shine?  Are you living each day in such a way that others look at you and wonder what is different?  Do they want what you have?  Share your story about giving your life to the one and only God that sent His Son as a Baby to grow and die on the Cross and to rise again to save us from our sins and give us the hope and promise of eternal life with Him.  Let His light shine through you today! 

Shine bright!  Remember the chorus we sang/sing - "This little light of mine - I'm gonna let it shine..."  People are watching!

Love and prayers!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment