Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday, November 11th - Proverbs 11:29

Happy Veteran's Day!

I am so very thankful for all those in the armed forces that have served and are serving and for those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.  Thank you men and women of the Armed Forces!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Proverbs 11:29 ~ Family can be the greatest source of joy and of pain.  What are you pouring into your family?  No matter what, choose to be loving.

Family is important to God and He has given us a guide book on how the family should look.  God, our Father disciplines us just as we discipline our children.  It hurts, but it is needed.  It is hard to discipline your child, but you want them to learn!

I became a mother through adoption.  November is National Adoption Month and we - my family and I - celebrate with thanksgiving, as we have seven adopted children in our immediate family.  I have two, my sister and husband have three, and my brother and his wife have two.  We have truly been blessed.  My son and daughter are the best blessings I have ever received.  I pray daily that I will be the Mom that God wants me to be to them.

I pour the love of Jesus into them each day and know that they are the greatest joy for me and yet can make me weep with pain and agony and uncertainty.  It hurts!  People always talk about tough love and I think it is harder on the parent than on the child.  As you read Lisa's tweet:  What are you pouring into your family - both immediate and also extended (friends and family)?  No matter what, choose to LOVE!!!

As for me, I choose LOVE! 
"Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own...never forget for a single minute - you didn't grow under my heart, but in it!"


Remember, family is important!  No matter what - choose to show them love!

Have a great week!
Love and Prayers!
Cheri Lynn



No comments:

Post a Comment