Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday, February 11th - Psalm 19

Good Morning!

It was a very long night!  Between the wind and missing my daughter, I didn't get much sleep.  I did do some praying though!  :o)  It is definitely cold today and even my puppy didn't want to go outside!  It is going to be a great day though as "This is the day that HE has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 19 ~ Do you want to be wise?  Listen and obey what God speaks through His word (vs 7).  God also speaks through His creation (vv1-4).

I love verses 1 through 4 of Psalm 19.  God speaks through His Creation and everyone can understand.  The heavens declare His glory and proclaim the work of His Hands.  Their voice goes out into all the earth and there is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.  God's Creation is everywhere and can be seen and heard everywhere.

I love to go out on my sister's dock early in the morning and drink my coffee and pray!  I pray with my eyes wide open as I take in God's beautiful Creation.  The water, the fish jumping out of the water, the clouds, the sunrise, the birds as they sing their morning song, the deer, the gentle breeze as it blows through the majestic trees and on and on.  He speaks through His Creation and it is awesome!

Read the rest of Psalm 19 and take note of the adverbs and what God's Word is - perfect, trustworthy, right, radiant, pure, sure, more precious than gold, sweeter than honey and more.
Verse 14 is my favorite:  "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment