Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday, February 18th - Psalm 143

Good Morning!

The first day of a long weekend for many.  The kids and I are taking advantage of the two days off school and going to see my folks.  It will be fun to spend some time with them and my sister's family.  Doing laundry and packing as I write!  :o)

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 143 ~ A prayer of a person who understands to turn to God first thing every day for guidance.  Ask for it - then listen to the Holy Spirit.

I love the way the psalmist pours out his heart to God.  He says that his soul thirsts for Him like a parched land.  Does my soul thirst for Him?  I know there have been times in my life that I have felt that, but I want it to be more often.  I want to spend quality time with God daily and not just a short time of scripture and prayer. 

Reread verses 7 through 10 and listen to the psalmist's words.  He asks and he listens!  He asks for guidance and for God to show him His unfailing love.  Verse 10 is really key:  "Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; may Your good Spirit lead me on level ground."  May this be our prayer today and everyday!

Have a wonderful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment