Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday, February 1st - Romans 6:7

Good Morning!

It is the first day of February!  Wow!  The month of January has come and gone.  How did January go for you?  Did you accomplish what you set out to do?  I will admit, there were a few things I didn't get quite right, but I am continuing and will go forward.  Did you realize this is a leap year and we have 29 days in February?  Everyone with a birthday on the 29th will add seven years to their age!  :o) 

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Romans 6:7 ~ When you make a commitment to "die" to your sinful ways, you are freed from a sinful lifestyle.  Any of your "old" self still around?

This verse is powerful!  Read the preceding verse:  "For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be rendered powerless, that we should no longer be slaves to sin--- because anyone who has died has been freed from sin."  Romans 6:6,7

Remember reading in Galatians 2:20 - "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

We have died to our old selves because we have been "crucified" with Christ.  We now live in Him and through His Holy Spirit.  Ask for God to show you any "old" that is still hanging around.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment