Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday, March 11th - 1 Corinthians 13

Good Morning!

Are ya tired?  I don't know about y'all, but this DST is tough!  I love the fact that it stays light longer in the afternoon and evening, but I don't like going to work in the dark!  I wonder how many will be late for church today!  :o)  I hope everyone remembered to "spring" forward!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: 1 Corinthians 13 ~ Love and truth absolutely go together (6).  Pray that God would increase your ability to love like Him as it's modeled in the Bible.

Have you read 1 Corinthians 13?  Did you know this is called the "Love" chapter of the Bible?

Look how it starts: "And now I will show you the most excellent way."  In the first three verses we read that if we do all good things, but don't have love - they are worthless and we are nothing.  Love is the foundation, the base, the deciding factor.  It is the most excellent way!

In verses four through eight, we find the definition of LOVE.  This is a very popular passage and I want you to read it slowly and think about each word.  "Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails." (1 Corinthians 13:4-8a)

Verse 13 closes the chapter as it began, "And now these three remain:  faith, hope and love.  But the greatest of these is love."

Father God, help me to love like You.  Help me to embrace and understand the love that You model and have described in Your Word.  Let me have and show the love that is spoken of here.  Help me to grow in this love!  I love You with all that I am!  In Jesus Name, Amen.

Have a great Lord's Day!  Hope to see you at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment