Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday, June 23rd - Genesis 39:11-18

Good Morning!

It is a beautiful day!  I have a short list of things I want to get done today and plan to enjoy the day no matter waht comes my way.  How about you?  I have been blessed beyond measure and I will praise Him in all that I do! 

Lisa's tweet:  LMRMinistries:  Genesis 39:11-18 ~ Sin feeds sin:  Potiphar's wife went from sexual sin to slander to lying.  What's the root of your sin?  Confess it before it controls you.

Potipher's wife was not going to give up before she got what she wanted from Joseph.  One thing led to another and eventually she lied!  That is the way that sin sometimes works in that one sin leads to another and another and....  I think that Potiphar's wife's sin started with "sexual desire".  I will be the first to admit that I sometimes look at a man (actually more frequesntly in the summer at the pool) and see how handsome and easy on the eyes he might be, but it stops there.  Potiphar's wife became obsessed with Joseph and his good looks and had to have him.  She did everything she could to get joseph to go against his beliefs and sin and ended up taking it farther each time until she decided to lie about the whole thing, because she realized she couldn't have him.
Confess your sin to God and don't let it grow and take control.

There are a couple quotes that came across my desk this week that i want to share with you.  I hope they help you gain perspective as they have me.
"This is the day the Lord has made.  Don't load it with yesterday's regrets or tomorrow's troubles.  Rejoice in the gift of today."  Max Lucado
"Don't let yesterday's mistakes sabotage today's attitude.  God's mercies are new every morning.  Receive them!"  Max Lucado

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment