Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday, October 5th - Proverbs 18:7; 20:3 and 31:30

Good Evening!

I apologize for being later today, but I had a very busy day and just got home from a party where we celebrated Christmas in October.  It was a lot of fun and great fellowship.  Now onto our thoughts for this first Friday of October!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Proverbs 18:7 ~ What comes out of your mouth is a mirror of what's in your heart.  If you are prayed up, your words will not make you sound foolish.

How true!  I wish that my words were always good, encouraging and uplifting as I speak, but unfortunately, they are not.  There are times that I fail and look foolish.  However, I continue to try and to be more like Jesus each and every day.

Have you happened to notice the similarities with many of the verses in Proverbs to the verses in the book of James?  I heard something this week that James is considered to be the Proverbs of the New Testament.
Read chapter 3 of James and note the similarities to these verses in Proverbs.  God's Word is definitely a guiding light as we walk in His steps and live our lives for His glory!

Hope you have had a great day and will enjoy the weekend!

Blessings!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment