Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thursday, October 11th - Proverbs 12:18,25 and James 1:26

Good evening!

I just got home from Bible Study with my WALK Small Group and it was a good night, even though we were missing some dear sisters.  I am really enjoying this study and feel like I am growing and seeing things as God wants me to see them instead of with my own eyes.  Passages that I have read numerous times have a different impact than they ever did before!  It has been very refreshing!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Proverbs 12:18 ~ Negative words can cut through the heart like a sword.  With God's help, your positive words can actually help a person heal  #bewise

"Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."  Proverbs 12:18
Have you ever been hurt by what someone said?  I have and I can still remember how it felt.  It hurt clear down to bone, or so I thought.  You know I have always heard it said and have even said myself - "Kid's words can be so cruel and hurtful!"  What about ours - as adults?  I think we can be just as cruel, if not more so!
I like the second part of this verse in that the tongue of the wise can bring healing.  Isn't that what we are supposed to do as Christian brothers and sisters?  Encourage your brother or sister or co-worker with words that are uplifting and edifying.  Don't put them down, but build them up.  Use Scripture - use the memory verses you are learning - pray with them...

How are you doing on your memory verses?  I hope it is coming along!  If you need some help, let us know.

Have a good evening!
God Bless!

Cheri Lynn



No comments:

Post a Comment