Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday, October 13th - Proverbs 15:4,16-17,23,27

Good Morning!

A warmer, but rainy day?  It is very nice outside right now, but I am sure the rain is coming.  Either way, this is the day the Lord has made and we will give Him the glory and serve Him with all that we are!  Right?

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Proverbs 15:4 ~ Even if your circumstances aren't great, you need to speak words that breathe life into people.  Do you want to bring life or crush it?

"The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit." (4)

Have you ever really thought about the tongue?  Sometimes, I think it gets criticized and looked down upon incorrectly.  The tongue by itself is a vital part of our body.  Without it, we would not be able to taste all that God created for us to eat.  Without it, we would have a very difficult time whistling.  And to the main reason it gets a bad rap at times, is that without it we could not speak or sing!
The tongue is like an instrument - it can be used for good or bad.  It is actually what is in our heart that comes out of our mouths (by our tongues). 
Have you ever had a bad day and everything was going wrong and a friend came up and said, "You know, I really appreciate you and the way you roll with the punches and continue to remain positive."?  How does that make you feel?  This friend has used their tongue to encourage and compliment and "bring life".  Now what if the comment was: "You have really screwed things up today and I think you should just go home and come back when you can do a better job."?  Feel the same way?  Not at all and probably even worse than you felt before the comment.  This person has used their tongue to tear down and crush your spirit.

When I am having an "off" day, I find that I turn on the radio and listen to praise music.  Music to me has always been a healing factor and as I lift my voice in praise, all the worries and bad thoughts seem to disappear.  Using my tongue to praise my God and Savior brings me great joy and "life".  I can feel His love deep within my heart and soul and know that HE cares and HE has everything in control.

I want to be one that brings life and not crush it!  It is tough at times and I struggle, but I know that God is continuing His Work in me and I will lean on Him and depend on His strength and not my own.  I will consider it pure joy whenever I face trials of many kinds, because I know that the testing of my faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that I may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  Blessed is the man  (am I) who perseveres under trial, because when he has (I have) stood the test, he (I) will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those (me, because I love Him) who love Him.  (James 1:2-3,12 - my paraphrase)

Let's go and bring life with the beautiful instrument that God has given!  Be a blessing to someone today!

Love y'all!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment