Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday, October 28th - Proverbs 13:18

Good Evening!

"To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy ---to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."  Jude 24,25

What an awesome service we had at Eastview this morning and the above verses have stayed with me all day long!  I stand amazed and fall before Him as I think about His glory, His majesty, His power, and His authority!  He is an awesome God!
As I sat and watched the weather channel before going to church this morning and since coming home from church, I have been praying for those that will be affected by Hurricane Sandy.  Mike talked this morning about the power in the storms and hurricanes being just a small rain shower in God's eyes.  Think about it - what power and authority God has and yet reaches down and loves us for who we are.  We serve a great God! 

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Proverbs 13:18 ~ You can't get away with doing things wrong; discipline always comes.  If you learn thru the correction, your life prospers.

As I have said before, we don't always like discipline, but it does cause us to change and to grow.  In the case of our spiritual lives, God does watch and He does discipline us.  It hurts, but He does it for our own good. 
If you learn from your mistakes, you will prosper or be honored.  Which would you rather have - poverty and shame or honor and prosperity? 

I will continue to walk the ancient paths and strive to be more like Him.  I know I will fall at times, but I also know HE will be there to pick me up and set me on the path of His Will once more.  I choose to WALK His Path!

Love y'all!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment