Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday, November 10th - Psalm 149

Good Morning!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 149: I always love the idea of singing a new song. God is so amazing that we should have something new to celebrate every day.  What's new?

Have you ever been reading the Word and you start praying about what you are reading or actually reading the passage with a "beat"?  That is a new song!  Praising God comes in many shapes and forms.  Singing is not the only form of praise, although it is the most thought of and used.  I have had friends that praise God with their instruments - drums, trumpet, saxophone, and piano.  I have witnessed praise through rap, through prayer, and through acts of kindness.  All were done in praise to the Father!  Look at verse 3: "Let them praise His name with dancing and make music to Him with tambourine and harp." 

I pray that I live verse 6: "May the praise of God be in their mouths..."  I want to always have His praise upon my lips and showing in my face and with my life.  I love to praise God through song, whether an old hymn, a childhood chorus, or one compose.  I will sing to Him a new song!  I will proclaim His glory among the nations and I will await His return with expectation!  Praises be to the One True God, to my Savior, to my Rock!  I love you Lord!

What's new?

No comments:

Post a Comment