Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday, November 3rd - Psalm 142

Good Evening!

I hope you have had a good day!  Even though it is raining and windy outside, the Son is shining inside!  Are you letting Him shine through you?  I hope so!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 142: We all long for a "safe" place to share our feelings, and we look for good people who will listen.  God is the Ultimate safe place.

Who do you share with when you have had an awesome experience and need to tell someone?  Who do you tell when you are not feeling the best about a situation and just need to "talk it out"?  When something has affected you so deeply, who do you call?
We all have best friends or family members or mentors that we can share these things with and they will laugh with us, cry with us and even question us at times.  How much more do you think God would enjoy sharing these times with you?  As Lisa said, HE is the Ultimate safe place, the Ultimate listener and He knows which way to lead!

I have experienced this a couple times just this week.  I met with a friend and we talked and shared together and then we prayed.  That was the most important time, as we laid our discussion and thoughts and plans at His feet!  It was awesome.  The second time was just last night and my heart was "heavy" and I called my friend and she listened and gave godly advice and I hung up and I prayed!  I shared my thought and my feeling with Him and felt so much better.  I know my friend prayed too and that is what it is to feel safe and to share with others, but share it all with God!

Don't leave God out!  He is waiting and is ready to listen and to share your good and bad - let Him!  Reread Psalm 142, paying special attention to verses 1,2 ,3, and 5.  God is waiting!

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment