Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thursday, November 24th - 1 Chronicles 16:34

Happy Thanksgiving!

What a gorgeous day here at the Lake!  It is warm and beautiful sunshine!  We had a traditional holiday breakfast for the Oakley's with homemade pecan rolls and bacon!  It was delicious and the coffee was great too!  :o)  We will have a great family day with a big lunch and probably lots of conversation and games. 

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: 1 Chronicles 16:34 - On this American holiday, put Christ in it-and put Him first!  Give thanks-lead your family in verbally thanking God together.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever."  1 Chronicles 16:34

Our family has a tradition on Thanksgiving that we go around the table before saying grace and tell one thing that we are thankful for in the current year.  The kids are included and I am always humbled by what they say.  "I am thankful for:  my freedom to worship God; the Mommy that God gave me; health and strength in my family; God's answers to our prayers;" and one of my favorites, "the opportunity to tell others about Jesus and to share His love!" 

What are you thankful for today? 

I am so very thankful for the opportunity to share with each of you in the great ministry of GEMS!  I love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment