Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Saturday, December 24th - additional post

Good evening!

I am just so full of joy and love this evening.  We got home from the candlelight Christmas Eve service and my heart is overflowing!  It was a great time with family and friends in the presence of God Almighty!

I had the privilege and honor to sing for the services and loved lifting my voice in praise.  I sang "O Holy Night" and "We Shall Behold Him".  It was so moving to see all the candle lights and glowing faces as I sang the last one and thought of the time when He - Jesus - will come back and take us HOME forever!

I had taken the accompaniment tape for "Come On and Ring Those Bells" which our family has sung together for years.  My Dad ended the service by telling the congregation that we were going to sing that chorus and that I would lead in the verses.  He asked if anyone knew it and my family raised their hands and the church song leader.  
(I had kept in mind our challenge for the day in doing good and sharing with others.)  I turned around and asked Jeremy (song leader) if he really knew the song and he responded he did.  I said, "Come on and sing it with me Jeremy!"  You would have thought I had given him a thousand dollars!
We sang that song and had a great time.  I watched Jeremy as we sang and the smile that was on his face - Jesus was shining so bright through His servant!  Jeremy probably thanked me ten times for letting him sing with me.  It was my honor!  He is a great kid!

Well, I need to go and get ready for tomorrow and "Santa".  

Remember: "Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord."  Luke 2:11

Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment