Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday, January 27th - 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!  It is going to be a great day!  What do you have planned for today?  I am going to work and then have an evening with the kids!  Can't wait.  :o)

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ~ God loved you enough to BUY you.  Do you feel that loved - even if no other person ever puts his/her arms around you?

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?  You are not your own; you were bought at a price.  Therefore honor God with your body."  1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wow, does this ever make me think!  My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit!  God gave Him to me as a Guide and Helper and He lives within me!  God bought me with a huge price - His Son - Jesus Christ!  I NEED to honor God with my body!
I realize we have been talking about sexual things and relationships between a man and woman and how God designed sex for marriage, but look at this verse again.  "...your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit...honor God with your body."  This is not just talking about sex!  What about eating, drugs, lack of exercise, sleep, etc. 
This hits hard with me as I know that I have not taken as good of care of my physical body as I have my spiritual body - Bible Study, prayer, serving the King of Kings, etc.  I am trying to change that and take better care of myself and lose weight and exercise more.  Will you join me?  One step at a time.

Remember, honor God with our bodies!

Happy Friday!  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment