Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tuesday, January 3rd - Isaiah 40:29-31

Good Afternoon!

Sorry I am a little later today, but Unit 5 is still out on Winter Break and I had to take the day off work to stay with my son.  I let them sleep in and we ran some errands and I am just now getting around to the Blog.  Sorry!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Isaiah 40:29-31: A beautiful picture - God knows that there are times we need His strength and power.  When things are hard, hope in the Lord.

This is one of my favorite passages of the entire Old Testament.  I have a Bible Cover with verse 31 written on it, I have several book-marks with the passage and I have had it memorized since I was a child.
It brings such encouragement and peace and hope when I need it and I simply recite it to myself and feel calm and peaceful.  I know Who is in control and from Whom my strength comes from.  In Him I place my hope!

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."  Isaiah 40:29-31

This passage took on a whole new meaning when I became a Mom at the age of 43 and then again at the age of 49!  Whew!  However, He has never let me down and has provided the strength and stamina I need to raise my children.  They are gifts from Him and I count it an honor that He has entrusted them to my keeping and I am their Mommy!

Our hope is in the Lord!  We will run and not grow weary - walk and not faint!
Let's soar!!!

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment