Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday, January 22nd - Proverbs 27:6, 27:9, 27:17

Good Afternoon!

What a day it has been so far.  Great service at church and serving in the Nursery third service was fun!  I just wish more would step up to serve in the second and third services.  Can you?

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Proverbs 27:6, 27:9, 27:17 / Fav truth about being a friend - Speak the truth IN LOVE.  Can you speak that truth - can you receive it from your friends?

I really hope that I do this, but I know there have been times when I haven't received the truth very well!  I am sure there have been times that I haven't spoken it in love either.  How about you?

If we read the verses mentioned in today's Bible reading, we see that a true friend will do anything to encourage and help another friend.  They tell us the tough stuff and do it in love, because they care and they do love us.  How do we receive it?  How do we tell it? 
There have been times when I did what I thought was right in God's eyes after praying long and hard, and ended up being very hurt and losing friends.  I am happy to say, that after time and lots of praying, most of those friends are back in my life and we are stronger because of it.
I have been on the receiving end as well and know that my first reaction was not Christ-like, but after praying and seeking His guidance, I accepted the truth and my friend and I are even better friends - sisters - today!  PTL!

Can you speak that truth - can you receive it?  Always give and take with lots of prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment