Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday, January 24th - Luke 6:27-36

Good Morning!

I can't wait until tonight when I can see all of you at GEMS!  It is going to be a great night.  Are you coming?  I hope so!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Luke 6:27-36/ The foundation of how to live with all the others in your life.  Be merciful and love everyone...even if they are unlovable. 

Is it easy for you to love everyone?  I have to admit that it is difficult for me at times.  Especially if it is someone that attacks a family member or a close friend with words or action.  My human side says:  Go get 'em and doesn't in anyway love them! 
I had a friend that once said, "God says you have to love them, but not like them!"  :o)  In a small way this carries a little truth.  It is easier to dislike the words and actions of the person, but still love them because God loves them.

Did you notice verse 31 in our passage?  That is what we call the Golden Rule:  "Do to others as you would have them do to you."  This is the first step in loving everyone!  If you think about this before you do anything, it makes it easier to love the unlovable!

I will do my best!

See y'all tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment