Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday, May 9th - Matthew 5:10-12

Hey GEMS!

What a gorgeous day it was today!  Tomorrow promises to be much warmer - 87 degrees!  I think we are just going to jump into summer!  Yeah!  Which do you prefer - summer or winter?  I am more of the warm weather person, but I don't like 100+ degree days!  But anyway, summer is very close!

"Our passage tonight is a tough one!  "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven."  Matthew 5:10 
Many of us will never know what true persecution is, but I have heard about it first hand.  I had a friend in Portugal that was a minister in an African country.  He was arrested several times for preaching the Word and was tortured and beaten.  He would lie on the cold floor of the prison in his own waste and even had to drink his own urine.  This happens even today!  I can remember listening to my friend's testimony and tears rolled down my face and I heard him say, "I would do it again if I had to, because I love my Jesus so much more than this world!"  He has received his prize and is now in Heaven with his Jesus that he loved so much!  I can't wait to see him again!  One day.....

Dear Lord,
May we stand firm and may we testify of Your love to all that we meet.  If we are persecuted, may we stand tall and proclaim Your Name above all others and know that we are Yours!!!  Thank you for Your guidance and Your never ending love!
In Your precious Holy name - Jesus!  Amen

1 comment:

  1. I'm just getting caught up on reading your posts. This one really strikes me. My small group was talking about Paul and his persecutions. What in the world do WE have to lose when we talk about Jesus to others? Popularity? That's about it...but that's often too much for us Americans. Wow.

    ReplyDelete