Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday, May 8th - Happy Mother's Day!!!

Happy Mother's Day GEMS!

I hope you had a great day celebrating with your families.  My day was full of surprises and was one for the memory books.  My son served me breakfast  - 2 eggs and wheat toast - in bed!  (I got the coffee at church!)  He was so very proud of himself and I was equally proud of him.  It was great!  They gave me some nice plaques and then we went to both services at Eastview and then on to a friends for lunch where I was pampered the whole afternoon.  It was great and I so enjoyed watching my kids play and climb trees and just visiting with my friend! 

James 1:12 - "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him."

We need to persevere - be patient - stand firm - int he face of struggles and trials of all kinds.  With the Holy Spirit within us, we can weather any storm!  This verse gives us continued hope and a reason to live!  We will stand with HIM in eternity!  Maranatha!!!

I can't wait!  I want to see everyone of my fellow GEMS there!  Let us "consider it pure joy when we face trials of many kinds...." 

I love y'all!
Cheri Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Lisa Miller-RichMay 9, 2011 at 8:26 AM

    I love reading your posts, Cheri Lynn!!!! You are a strong and passionate disciple. Keep up your good "work"...which is simply living your life out of the overflow of your heart and study. God did "real good" when He made you :) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete