Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday, May 14th - Psalm 118

Good Evening GEMS!

Today was awesome!  I was able to attend the Single Mom's Morning Out at E-Free and I saw lots of you there!  It was a great morning and I left feeling refreshed, appreciated and blessed! 

I love our scripture passage for today.  Psalm 118:1-3 Praise to the Lord and the repeated phrase: "His love endures forever."  Psalm 118:5 - I cried to the Lord....set me free!  Psalm 118:6-14 The Lord is with me....He is my helper... triumph...refuge...."by the name of the Lord" is the repeated phrase, but constant reference to the Lord's strength, help, triumph and refuge.  I think verse 5 and verse 14 are closely related:  "...I cried to the Lord and He answered by setting me free." and "The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation."  Our salvation makes us free!!  Salvation is mentioned again in verse 21. 
Verses 15 through to 29 there is more praise and in verse 29 the end is as the beginning:  "His love endures forever".  Look at the following verses: verse 22; verse 24; verse26; verse 27; and verse 29 - Do you hear the music?  Can you sing these verses in praise to our Lord and Savior and our Creator?  Praise Him with your voice as you read His Word! 
♫♪♫♪♫♪ This is the day; This is the day, that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made!!♫♪♫♪♫♪
♫♪♫♪ I will rejoice, I will rejoice and be glad in it; and be glad in it!♫♪♫♪ This is the day that the Lord has made!♫♪♫♪♫♪ I will rejoice and be glad in it!♫♪♫♪♫♪ This is the day; this is the day that the Lord has made!!♫♪♫♪♫♪

"You are my God, and I will give You thanks;  You are my God, and I will exalt You."  Psalm 118:28

See y'all tomorrow as we Praise and Worship our King, our Lord and Savior!  Sleep well!  God Bless!

Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment