Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday, May 7th - James 1:2-4

Good Morning GEMS!

It is a beautiful morning and I am so glad to see the sunshine if just for a little while today!  It's a little brisk, but I stand in awe at HIS creation.  The beautiful sunrise He paints is amazing! 

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."  James 1:2-4

It is my desire to grow and be more like Jesus and to see the world I live in through HIS eyes.  By developing perseverance I am working on a step to continue that process.  I don't think that the joy that is referenced in verse 2 is the laugh out loud happiness.  It is that joy that is deep inside, that personal relationship with our Lord and Savior and the "joy" and assurance we have in eternal life - serving HIM with all that we are.  I look at it more as an excitement and challenge to develop and mature in my walk with Jesus. 
It is hard and I know there are many times that I fail, but I keep trying.  As Lisa said, We can be patient in suffering - it is a choice!

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your Mother's Day!  Remember, it is a choice!  Choose to persevere!

Love y'all!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment