Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday, July 15th - Psalm 51

Good Morning!

Another beautiful day and we are reading one of my favorite Psalms today! 

Psalm 51 - it is so full of  wisdom, petitions, action and love!  There have been several of its verses put to music and choruses we sing regularly.  Have you ever noticed how easy it is to memorize scripture if it is put to music?  Try singing the scripture to God in your quiet time - it is an awesome time with Him!

Lisa's tweet:LMRMinistries: Psalm 51:My fav psalm. V 6-All truth and wisdom comes from God. V10 - Our ability to live in purity and purpose is from Him. V13 is my heart

Verses 10-12 have been set to music and I love the prayer written in these words.  "Create in me a pure (clean) heart, O God, and renew a steadfast (right) spirit within me."  That is my prayer!  May I have a clean heart and a right spirit to serve my Lord and Savior - Jesus Christ!  May others that see me - see Him!!

I agree with Lisa in that verse 13 is her heart and mine.  Actually, it should be all of ours, as it is the Great Commission - Go and tell so that all may know who Jesus is and what He has done for us! 
But I would add another verse that is my most heartfelt request and daily prayer - verse 15: "O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise."  In the good times, the bad times, the tough times and the excellent times - I want to praise His Name!

Re-read this psalm later today and see what the Lord speaks to you!  Sing it to Him!  He loves to hear you sing His Word! 

Have a wonderful Friday!
Love and prayers,
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment