Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday, July 27th - Psalm 64

Good morning!

I am a little later today as I couldn't get to my computer early this morning as my parents were sleeping.  It is great to have them here!  The kids love it!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 64: "Hide me" (2). That really struck me as an interesting prayer - to ask God to hide me from those who want to cause me harm.

As I read the Psalm and I read Lisa's tweet, I thought of times when i would have had the same prayer.  Times when I just didn't have the strength to fight or face those who were/are against me.  Times when I was spiritually weak and just wanted to run and hide behind Him.

Did you notice the reference to the tongue throughout this Psalm?  I kept thinking of our study in James and how destructive the tongue can be and yet an instrument of praise and encouragement as well.

Verse 10 is encouraging and requires action: "Let the righteous rejoice in the Lord and take refuge in him; let all the upright in heart praise him!"  We CAN take refuge in God and "hide" in Him.  He loves us and will provide all that we need.  We in turn want to praise Him for His blessings upon us! 

Let's remember to praise Him today for all His goodness and His protection of us!  God is good all the time - all the time God is good!

Have a great day everyone!
Love and prayers,
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment