Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday, July 26th - Psalm 63

Good Morning!

I am excited today as my folks are coming and my Mom is staying for awhile to help me with Nathaniel since his camp is done.  It is so nice to have her here with us.  Dad will go back and preach in Missouri and then come back and get Mom in a couple weeks!  :o)  The house is clean and the groceries bought and I think we are ready!  :o)

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 63: If you seek Him, you will find the One who makes you feel full and satisfied no matter what your circumstances.

Isn't it amazing how many praise songs we sing today are directly from the "praise psalms"? :o) I read this psalm and immediately pictured God and His greatness sitting on His throne, high and lifted up!  I saw myself lying before Him, face down and singing at the top of my lungs, Worthy, worthy are You, O God!

If you look in verse 1, the psalmist says, "You are my God, earnestly I seek you!"  That word earnestly doesn't mean a casual look, but is intense or sincere.  The dictionary defines earnestly as: "marked by or showing deep sincerity or seriousness; an earnest gesture of goodwill; of an important or weighty nature; grave."  Is that how we seek God?  The psalmist continues in that same verse to say that he thirsts for God and his body longs for Him.  Is that how I or we feel when we enter into His presence?  Wow!  That is what I want!

"...and beheld your power and your glory, Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you..  I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands."  vs 2-4  Such a beautiful word picture!  I love the statement: "your love is better than life".  His love has given us life - eternal life!  What greater love is there?  None - this is it!  God's love!!  I WILL praise Him for as long as I live and lift my hands in adoration and praise to Him!  Will you?

Have a great day!  Stop and praise God for His many blessings today! 
Love and prayers,
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment