Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday, July 6th - Psalm 42

Good Morning!

We made it back home yesterday afternoon and will try to get back to a normal routine again today.  I still don't have a phone and that has been very hard, but hopefully that will change today or tomorrow.  :o)

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 42: If we focus on our problems, they become our "drink" - but we stay thirsty. Only by focusing on God do we get our "Thirst" quenched.

As I read this Psalm this morning I was taken back to my high school years when I first started playing the guitar.  This Psalm had been put to music and it was so much fun to play and sing.  It was one of my favorites and I loved what it said; "As the deer pants for water, so my soul longs for You!" 

We cannot do this on our own!  Without Jesus, we will always be searching for something more and will always be disappointed.  We run to Him with everything and He listens, comforts and He cares!  In Him we are satisfied!

The psalmist prays in verse 8 "to the God of my life".  I claim that prayer and pray: "Father God, the God of my life, I long for You.  I ask that You lead my day with Your love so that I know who to approach and share with, how to handle difficult situations, how to shine for You wherever I might be.  Tonight as I pillow my head, may Your song of peace, grace, strength, comfort, and love be with me.  May I rest in You and be re-energized to go out tomorrow and share Your Gospel to those who do not know! I love You!  In Jesus' name - Amen!"

Put your hope in God for He is the One that will quench your thirst! 

Have a great day and remember that we are praying for you!  We love you!

Blessings!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment