Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday, July 25th - Psalm 62

Good Monday Morning!

I had an awesome day yesterday despite the rain.  How about you?  Actually, I was very thankful for the rain and the cooler temps.  We needed both!  I made the comment on the bus as we rode to the church, "Well, I am soaking wet again, but at least it smells better!" :o)  With the heat, I felt like I lived in wet sweaty clothes!
Enough of that, let's get to our scripture reading for today!  Psalm 62!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 62: God is our salvation-for our eternal soul/life, and for this life as He saves us from our trials by being our rock through it all.

David starts off with a very strong statement:  "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken." vs 1 and 2
The psalmist knew exactly what he believed and where to turn in times of trouble, in sadness, and in joy.  He knew God would take care of him and that he was loved.  He repeats the above in verses 5 and 6, but uses the word hope instead of salvation.  He goes on to share his message in verses 7 and 8 - "My Salvation and my honor depend on God, He is my mighty rock, my refuge.  Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge."
Trust in Him at ALL times and pour out your hearts to Him!  Wow!  Talk about speaking directly to us today - we are to fully trust in Him to lead and guide us through this earthly journey and we can pour out our hearts to Him through prayer - anytime and anywhere!  Awesome!!

"Father God, I praise You for who You are and thank you for the many blessings that have been given.  You continue to provide and take care of us, even when it is difficult (at times) for us to acknowledge Your love for us.  Help me to always trust and lean upon You!  You are my Hope and my Salvation and I love You!  May Jesus shine through me today!  In Jesus Name I pray! Amen!"

Have a great day everyone!
Love and prayers,
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment