Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday, July 4th - Psalm 40

Happy Independence Day!

I hope everyone will enjoy this holiday as we celebrate our freedom!  In church yesterday the minister was using the mini series, "John Adams" to discuss the freedom we have as a country, but even more so the freedom we have in Christ Jesus.  We have such a privilege here in the USA to be able to share freely with others the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  In Him, Jesus, we are free!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries:Psalm 40:As you wait on the Lord, think, "What great things has God done for me?" Use your American freedom to share God's love with others. 

"The Lord be exalted!"  Praises to His name!  How truly blessed we are!  God has given us so much and continues to pour His blessings on us daily.  This is a Psalm of praise and of thanksgiving as you read each verse.  God hears our prayers and petitions and answers!
As we have talked before, His answers may be immediate and/or may be wait; may be yes or no, but He answers!
I was reminded of our discussion in James as I read the first verse:  "I waited patiently for the Lord..."  Patience isn't always easy, but it always pays off!  He has provided salvation - He has lifted us out of our sin, forgiven us, and given us the hope and assurance of life eternal with Him.  "He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." vs 3
We become a new creation when we accept Him as our personal Lord and Savior and obey Him in Christian baptism - we die to the old and arise as a NEW creation, having had our sins washed away. 

Look at verse 5: "Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare."  I remember the old hymn, "Count Your Blessings name them one by one" and I cannot name every one!  HE takes care of me in every way, He is my Rock, He is my refuge, He is my strength, He is my salvation - my Savior, my Friend, my Lord!
As I read on I agree and declare with the psalmist, "Here I am...I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." vs 7,8  I will speak His name and share His Gospel wherever I may go, with whomever I come in contact with, and continue to live in Him as He lives in me! 

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands.  One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all!
"God Bless America, land that I love; stand beside her and guide her, through the night with a light from above. From the mountains, to the prairies, to the oceans white with foam; God Bless America - my home sweet home."

Have a great 4th of July!  Enjoy the freedom that we have in this great country! Remember the freedom that we have in Christ!  Count your blessings and share them with others!

Love and prayers,
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment