Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday, July 23rd - Psalm 59 and 60

Good Morning!
Well, I am a little confused, but will go with the flow!  :o)  I received two tweets yesterday (Psalm 58 and 59) and received another one this morning - Psalm 60.  I am not sure if it was a technology error or mine, but I am going to do two Psalms today so that we are caught up with Lisa's tweets.  :o)

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 59: Ugly words cut like a sword - 7. Because God sees all, He gives justice to all - 11-13. It's not possible to be "satisfied" w/o God - 15.

The psalmist continues to write about his enemies and living in a world of evil.  His descriptions continue to be very vivid.  He continues to live his life for God and looks to God for strength and peace. In verse 9 and repeated again in 17 he writes: "O my Strength, I watch for you; you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God."  David continues to praise God in the tough times as well as the good times. 
We as the Church need to stand firm and rest in the strength of God.  We need to praise Him in the bad and the good times.  He is our refuge, our fortress!  Verse 16: "I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble."  Look to Him and HE will bring us through the troubled times! 

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 60: God can be PERFECTLY angry with us if we do not live by His ways.  There's no guess work about how to please him - He wrote it down :o).

Doesn't this sound just like a parent?  We get a little "angry" when our kids don't do as they are told and in turn discipline them.  They know what to do and how to act as we have taught them, but they "forget" and do the wrong thing and receive the discipline for their actions.
We are the children of God! He is our heavenly Father and the ultimate role model of a parent!  As we continue to grow in our spiritual lives, He disciplines us and gives us encouragement to continue on and learn from our mistakes.  A daily quiet time spent with Him is essential for our spiritual well being.  Spending time in His Word and conversation with Him through prayer is key!  We will grow and look to the prize at the end of our journey - ETERNAL LIFE! 
Verse 12: "With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies."  We have read the last chapter - We WIN!!  We have the victory!  "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son; that whosoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life!" John 3:16

Throughout the time I have been reading and writing these thoughts this morning, I have had two songs going through my head.  I think you have probably heard them and as we finish today, sing them and really internalize their simple words!

Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong, they are weak, but HE is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me; Yes, Jesus loves me;
Yes, Jesus loves me - the Bible tells me so!

Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world
Red and yellow, black and white - they are precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world!

HE loves us! 
Have a wonderful Saturday!
Love and prayers,
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment