Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday, July 19th - Psalm 55

Good Morning!

Another beautiful, hot day in store for us today!  Have you noticed that the sun isn't rising quite as early?  Shorter days!  The summer is just flying!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 55: Betrayal hurts deeply. Issues in our lives drive us to God as we convert worry/pain to prayer (17). We trust God - He is all we need.

As I read this morning's psalm, I almost felt like I was reading a newspaper of today.  As the psalmist talked about the violence and strife in the city and the malice and abuse within it, (9,10) I began to see pictures in my head of things that have happened in the last few weeks.  I too, wanted to fly away and seek shelter from the evil!  Run to God and renew my strength to fight the battle once again.

I am sure all of us have experienced betrayal at one time or another and it hurts!  It is one of those feelings of pain that you can't explain and you wonder why?  Seek His Face in prayer!  "Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." (vs. 22) 
God has us in the palm of His hand and He will protect and sustain us through anything that comes our way.  HE is all we need!!

"But as for me, I trust in You." (vs 23b) Trust in God! 

Have a great day! 

Love and prayers,
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment