Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday, July 20th - Psalm 56

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 56:We will feel fear, then we have to choose to trust God (3). Know His Word well; replace the fear with His biblical promises (4).

The verses that Lisa refers to in her tweet are repeated again in verses 10 and 11.  It is important!  "When I am afraid, I will trust in you.  In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid." vs: 3,4 
As we talked yesterday, with our trust in God - He is all we need.  We can trust Him with everything - when we are afraid, when we hurt, when we are sad, when we are happy and when we are walking through each day!  God is with us every step of the way, through His Holy Spirit. 
Remember a few days ago I wrote about singing the Scripture to God?  That is the picture I get in my head when i read the beginning of verse 4: "In God, whose word I praise".  Praising the Word of God - singing it, memorizing it, knowing it, living it!  It may be hard at first to memorize a verse of scripture, but I know you can do it!  Sing it over and over.  Start small and write it down several times, put it around your house and in your car and read it, sing it, think it and it will become a part of you.  You have it memorized!

I said that these two verses are repeated in verses 10 and 11, but there are a couple differences.  First of all it is really verse 4 that is repeated.  In verse 9 the psalmist reiterates his trust in God by writing that when he calls for help he knows that God is for him - trust in God.  Then verse 10 and 11: "In God, whose word I praise, in the Lord, whose word I praise--in God I trust, I will not be afraid."
The psalmist gives God praise for all his blessings, as is right.  With trust/faith in God and praising His Word, there can be no fear!  Faith has banished fear!  God is for us!  He cares for us and will carry us through the tough times and fearful times, if we but ask.

Lean on Him and He will carry you through!

Have a great day and know that you are being prayed for today and every day!  :o)
Love and prayers,
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment