Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday, October 8th - Psalm 119:145-152

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!  I am so excited about today!  I have the opportunity to go and serve and share God's love today and hopefully make a difference.  I can't wait to see what God is going to do through His children! 

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 119/146-152: What do you do when worries keep you awake?  Meditate on God instead of your problems (148).  Convert worry to prayer.

Have you ever had one of those nights that you lie in bed and just turn from side to side and keep thinking about your concerns or worries?  I have!  I would like to say that every time I have had that happen that I begin to pray and turn to God, but i can't.  I'll get up and get a drink, play a game on the computer or do laundry and then I am exhausted because I haven't slept.
However, I haven't done that for awhile and I have been turning to God and praying and "running" to the Father!  It makes all the difference in the world!
As I lie in bed or hit my knees, I begin praying and using the scripture verses that I have memorized and even humming praise songs.  I lay my worries and concerns before the Throne and He hears and answers.  He calms my spirit and many times I fall asleep praying and oddly enough, wake up praying! 
The best thing is that I feel rested when I get up and can greet the day with a smile and know that His promises are true and they last forever.  God is the same yesterday, today and forever!  He NEVER changes! 
Verse 147: "I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in Your Word."  This same God that the psalmist sought early in the morning and with all his heart, is the same God we serve and worship today! 

There is a worship song that has the phrase, "My hope is in You Lord, my hope is in You!"  In John 1:1 it says: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."  This verse speaks of JESUS!  The Word is another name for Jesus! 
Now, put the two together and our hope is in the Lord Jesus Christ!!!

Give your worries to God and He will take care of them for you!  Remember, our hope is in Jesus and He is going to return and take us HOME!

Have a blessed day and know that I am praying for y'all!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment