Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday, October 30th - Psalm 138

Good afternoon!
I apologize for being a little later today, but I had to be at the church by 7:15am and two kids to get ready besides myself!  Sorry!
What an awesome worship service!  The music, the message and the fellowship was fantastic!  Loved it!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 138 vs 8: "The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me". What a promise! I know God has big things for me - and HE will fulfill that in me!

I like this Psalm!  I love verse one:  "I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart;" because that is what I want to do - Praise my Lord and Savior all the time and with all that I am!  God's love and His faithfulness, His name and His Word have been exalted above all things!  HE is the one true God!
Verse 3: "When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted."  That is one of my prayers too, that I will be bold and stouthearted for Him.  A dangerous witness!

God watches over His children and He protects us. (vs. 6 and 7)  However, verse 8 is the promise we want to read and have happen in our lives: "The Lord will fulfill his purpose, for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever -- do not abandon the works of your hands."

He WILL fulfill His purpose for me!  Just like Lisa, I know that God has great things for me, but I need to listen and abide by His time table and not my own.  Trying to get ahead of Him is not what I need to do - I will wait on the Lord!

Will you allow the Lord to fulfill His purpose for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment