Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday, October 9th - Psalm 119:153-160

Good Afternoon!

I apologize for being later today, but I didn't get Lisa's tweet this morning until after I was in church and then of course I just got home.  What an awesome day the Lord has given us today!  Church services were great; lunch was good; and this weather is the best!  I could take this year round!  The beauty of the fall colors, the warm breeze and the smells of fall in the air!  I love it!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 119/153-160: It's not "ok" if someone does not follow Christ (158).  It should stir us deeply & drive us to passionate prayer for him/her.

This passage shows the passion of David (believed author) for God and His Word.  He trusted God completely and knew that God would take care of Him!  David was upset and angry when he saw those that did not follow God's ways and turn to Him for deliverance.  As Lisa said, It is not "ok" if someone does not follow Christ. 
Our hearts should break for those that do not know the Lord Jesus.  HE is our Lord and Savior and HE has asked us to share that good news!  Yes, it might put us out of our comfort zone, but we need to share!

Tyler's message this morning at Eastview was right on!  We need to advance the Kingdom of God and share our faith!  Even though we know that when the Kingdom is advancing, conflict is present.  Conflict is part of human nature, but when handles with compassion, propels the mission of the Church forward. 

The Mission Statement for Eastview Christian Church states:  FEARLESS church of Christ followers whose RIDICULOUS love and DANGEROUS witness are irresistible.  I pray daily that I am this person!  May my heart break for those that do not know HIM and may I be driven to my knees in passionate prayer for the lost!

I am ready - are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment