Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday, September 17th - Psalm 116

Good Morning!

It's brisk outside and feels like fall is here, but I hear that the 70 degree temps are to return tomorrow and throughout the week.  :o)  I love this time of the year!

Let's get right to it this morning as we look at Psalm 116.
Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 116: Makes me think of when I called out to God during the darkest time in my life. Because He was there/assuring me - I could rest (7).
LMRMinistries: Psalm 116: (Extra one today!!!), v 15: This verse brought me a lot of comfort when my mom dies.  I wanted you to be sure to see this truth.

God has thought of everything and has given us Scripture to help us, comfort us, and lead us through any situation.  He loves us and will always provide for us!  As I read His Word, I am amazed at how it speaks to me differently one time than another, depending on the situation or time in my life.  It is always fresh and new!

We but need to call on the Name of the Lord, and He hears us.  We can always find rest in Him - no matter the circumstances.  "Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you." vs. 7

We can't repay God for all His blessings and His care, but we can continue to live for Him and serve Him with all that we are and look forward to the day that we will be in His presence and be able to praise Him eternally! 

"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints." vs 15  God welcomes His children HOME!  They are safe in His arms!  This verse provides such comfort! 

Take time today to "rest" in Him!  Recharge your spiritual battery! 

Have a great day!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment