Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday, September 20th - Psalm 119

Good Morning!
It is going to be a beautiful day!  It is suppose to be warm and "summer-like" and I love it!  I hope y'all enjoy a great day!

Well, we have come to the longest chapter in the Bible - Psalm 119.  I am not real sure how we are going to handle it, but let's get started with verses 1 trhough 8 today.

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 119/1-8: God's law = the teaching He gives us about how to live in a right relationship with Him.  He'll bless as you APPLY what you learn.

There is some great teaching in these verses.  A few things kind of "stand out" for me.  In verse 2 it is written that those that seek Him with all their heart are blessed.  Kind of reminds me of the verse in Matthew:  "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness..."  Having a daily quiet time with the Lord is important to our spiritual growth. 
Verse 7 is my goal - "I will praise You with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws."  I am amazed at the Word of God.  I have read the Bible through and several books over and over, but verses and chapters read differently almost every time.  In other words, I will find something new and exciting in a verse that I have read many times before.  I love it!  You can read the Word of God over and over and get something new each time.
We continue to learn and grow as we spend more time in His Word and in our personal relationship with Him.  It's exciting!

I am truly blessed!  I will praise Him with all that I am and continue to seek Him and His will for my life! 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment