Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday, September 13th - Psalm 112

Good Morning GEMS!

It's here!  It's here!  Our GEMS meetings start tonight at 6:00pm!  I can't wait!!  I will get to see all of you and we can eat together, study together, fellowship and pray together!  Yeah!  Anxiously awaiting this time!!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 112 v1: Fear of the Lord (being in awe; reverence; respect; obedience to Him) leads to us being free from fear in our lives. Memorize vs 7!

Have you found that the longer you are a Christian and study God's Word, that you can't get enough, that you delight in His Word?  As we read, study and learn, we are changed!  We want to live for Him and in Him!

As Lisa mentioned in her tweet, Fear of the Lord is defined as reverence, a deep respect, obedience to Him and to be in awe of Him.  There are many times when I am singing or worshipping that I find myself in complete awe and reverence of God!  I just want to fall to my knees and lie prostrate before Him (that's kind of hard when you are in front of people or on the top riser with the choir).  Sunday was one of those times! 
Thinking about His love for me and the sacrifice He made and the grace offered to all - I stand amazed!  For me - for you!  Yes, I fear the Lord and I live my life free of fear!

Psalm 112:7 - "He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord."

Have a great day!
See y'all tonight!

Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment