Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday, September 8th - Psalm 107

Good Evening!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 107: There are 4 groups in spiritual distress: the lost, imprisoned, sick and tossed around.  Cry out-v 6, 13, 19, 28.  He delivers and saves.

Did you notice that Psalm 107 starts with the very same words as did Psalm 106?  "Give thanks to the Lord for He is good; His love endures forever."  His love is greater than anything we can imagine.  He loves each one of us with an unconditional and unending love!  Wow!

The verse that is repeated in here 4 times, much like the "Cry Out" verse that Lisa mentioned is: "Let them give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds for men."  It is verses 8, 15, 21, and 31.

The last verse asks us to consider the great love of the Lord.  Have you thought about it?  I am so humbled every time I do sit and think about how much He loves me!
My daughter have a little game that we play that started out like any other game, but has taken on new and deeper meaning.  I will say to Derlani, "Mommy loves you so much!"  Derlani will in turn say, "I love you lots too Mommy!"  We keep expressing our love to each other in different phrases and finally (the first time we played) I said, "Derlani, I love you the most!"  Now, when I say I love you to her, she quickly comes back with the phrase, "But I love you the most Mommy!"
I began to think about that as I read these psalms this week.  Don't I love Jesus the most?  Yes, I love my children more than I can express, but I wouldn't have them if it wasn't for Him!  I do love Him the most!  As Derlani and I play our game, we also remember the unconditional love God/Jesus/Holy Spirit have for us.

Jesus, I love You the most?  Do you?

Sleep well!
Love y'all!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment