Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday, August 19th - Psalm 87

Good Morning!

It's Friday!  I hope you have had a good week!  It is going to be a very busy weekend for many of us as we attend a GEMS Leadership Retreat. It will be a great time of reflection, relaxation, rest, and rejoicing in the Lord.  Please pray for us!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 87: God's foundation is His people (1). One day, all nations will acknowledge Him (3-4). I rejoice that God already says of me "This one".

As I have said before, the Psalmist uses such imagery to tell the story, the story of God and His Plan for His people!  He loves His people!  He cares for His people!  He desires a personal relationship with His people - each one!
Can you imagine that final day?  The day that God the Father says to His Son Jesus: "It is time, Go and get Your Bride - My Church - My people!"  Every nation - the world - will bow down and acknowledge Him - "Praise to the Lord God Almighty - the Alpha and Omega - the Beginning and the End - the Creator and the Finisher - Praise to the Lord God Almighty!"  All His people will be caught up with Him in heaven and live eternally with Him!  Hallelujah!  Maranatha!  I rejoice with Lisa as well that God already says of me, "This one!".  How about you?

I love the song "I Can Only Imagine" and especially the chorus:
"Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel,
Will I dance for You Jesus or in awe of You be still
Will I stand in Your Presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing Hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine!
I can only imagine when all I will do
Is forever, forever worship You!"

What will you do?  Think on these things today!  We are His people and we are to share His salvation story with everyone, so that they too can live with Him eternally and worship Him forever! 

Love and prayers,
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment