Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday, August 6th - Psalm 74

Good Morning!

It is going to be a hot and sticky day!  Whew!  I have been helping a friend move and as I was loading her van this morning, thanked the Lord that it wasn't raining, but wishing it would!  Know what i mean?  Maybe it will rain after we get the furniture moved!  :o)

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 74: Today, people are still trying to foolishly destroy/erase the name of God.  We must be His voice and earthly dwelling places!

As I read today's psalm, I was taken aback with the way it read to current situations, as if I was reading today's news.  I am amazed at the patience of God our Father!  His creation has turned their back on Him so many times and continually try and destroy His creation and Him.  I guess David felt the same way, as in verse 10 he asks how long will the enemy mock You, O God?  Verse 11 really struck me in a different way - "Why do you hold back your hand, your right hand?  Take it from the folds of your garment and destroy them!"  I know God is ALL powerful - ALL knowing - and he is ALL!  We cannot even imagine His strength, His knowledge, His awesomeness and His love!  He paid the ultimate price for us, His children, in giving His only Son to die and rise again, conquering death, so that we might have eternal life with Him.  Praises to His Name!

Verses 12 - 23 tell of God's accomplishments!  He is an awesome God!  I am in awe of Him!
Let us be His witnesses and continue to share with others His love and grace!  Be His witnesses today, in all that you do and say, let Him shine through!

Love and prayers,
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment